The purpose of this course is to learn how to leverage RefWorks to gather and organize references. References can be automatically imported into RefWorks from the library databases, Google Scholar, and some websites. The references can be organized in folders and shared with others. In addition, you will learn how Refworks integrates with Microsoft Word or Google Docs to simultaneously insert in-text and bibliographic citations while writing your papers.
The RefWorks course is designed to provide activities to learn how to use RefWorks. It consists of 8 lessons and 14 assignments. There are no hard due dates unless this course is an assignment for another class. It is possible for you to complete the course in a few hours. It is highly suggested that you complete the course within 2 weeks of enrolling. Assignments are graded pass/fail. Students can receive a certificate of completion when they have successfully passed all 14 assignments.
1. Login to Blackboard and select RU Courses
2. Type RefWorks in the Organization Search box
3. Hover over RUORG210_RefWorks and select Enroll from the dropdown menu.
1. You must have 14 points for your assignments (This means you received a pass for all 14 assignments)
2. To receive the certificate, select Tools/Communication
3. Select Achievements
4. Select the Printer icon and print the certificate