This guide is intended to provide support for the Roosevelt University PHAR 657 class.
- Public Health Issue
- Provide general background information on the “Healthy People 2020” objective
- Provide data/statistical information on the prevalence of the public health issue at the national, regional, and local levels
- Assess current pharmacists’ involvement
- Describe the “Leading Health Indicators.”
- Do pharmacists have the skills, expertise, and opportunities for filling the unmet public health need?
- What are the top challenges for extending pharmacists’ contributions to population-based public health initiatives?
- What are strategies to overcome them?
- What type of support is needed from other health care professionals and public health agencies?