Are You Having Problems Accessing Library Databases Off-Campus?
Check the FAQs Below
1. Can all library databases be accessed remotely?
Most of the databases to which the library subscribes can be accessed remotely. When accessing a database from off campus, you will be prompted to enter your NetID and password. To reset your password, visit: https://password.roosevelt.edu/ .
2. What should I enter in the User Authentication pop-up box?
You will use the same Roosevelt NetID and password as used with other Roosevelt University resources like E-Mail and Blackboard. If it does not accept this information, you can email the library directly at email@example.com or chat with us.
3. Can I disable cookies and still access library resources remotely?
No, the library's authentication method requires that cookies be enabled.
4. I am having problems accessing databases through my company's network. What should I do?
Some corporate networks disallow access to nonstandard ports for security purposes. Access to the library's online resources requires access to ports 2048-2247. Check with your network administrator to see if they will allow access to these ports.
5. Do I need to use a different browser ?
Some websites may support one browser over another. If you use Internet Explorer or Safari as the default browser on your computer you might want to consider a couple of well known alternatives:
6. I'm at my home and can't connect due to a port issue. What should I do ?
The library authentication method requires access to ports 2048-2247. Contact your Internet Service Provider to see if they can configure your home network to allow access to these ports.
Also, to request assistance from the RU Technology Help Desk, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (312) 341-4357.